Making Work at Home Work shows moms how to develop an entrepreneurial mind-set without sacrificing their families. It covers important topics such as developing a successful business philosophy, balancing time between work and family, setting realistic goals, and handling the challenges of being both “Mommy” and “CEO” while running a profitable home-based business.
In addition to including her own experiences, author Mary Byers profiles twelve real moms with home-based businesses who offer their hard-won advice. Their work ranges from publications to design to organizational services to private piano instruction. Each mom has a two-page profile detailing why she chose her business, her mistakes, her smartest moves, and advice.
The book is divided into two parts: Saving Your Sanity and Preserving Your Profit.
Mary Byers is a home-based entrepreneur and author of Making Work at Home Work. She’s also a member of the National Speakers Association and a professional speaker skilled at encouraging individuals to think big when it comes to their businesses. As an at-home entrepreneur herself, Mary walks the talk. She’s energizing, motivating, and she’ll challenge you and your team to:
- Increase revenue without increasing effort
- Grow a bigger vision for your business
- Develop specialized entrepreneurial skills
- Engage the power of “Focus Pocus”
- Turn setbacks into milestones
Mary M. Byers successfully juggles both a freelance corporate writing and speaking business and her responsibilities as a wife and mother of two school-aged children. She is the author of The Mother Load: How to Meet Your Own Needs While Caring for Your Family and How to Say No . . . And Live to Tell about It. Visit her website to learn more: www.marybyers.com or her blog www.makingworkathomework.com.
Contest! Win a copy of Making Work at Home Work (or another one of Mary’s books–your choice) AND a $25 Amazon gift certificate (for some WAHM essentials – Day Planner, bubble bath, funky file-folders, toddler DVDs)!
There are three ways to win:
- Leave a comment on this post
- Sign up for Mary’s quarterly newsletter where she offer tips and advice about all facets of a women’s life: WAHM, mothering, women’s issues. More info here! (http://www.marybyers.com/index.cfm?pID=569)
- Join the Work at Home Blog Ring. More info here. (http://www.makingworkathomework.com/2009/04/new-making-work-at-home-work-blog-ring.html)