“I am starving! What’s for dinner?! ” was the main question of the day in my house when all five kids were swarming about. They’re all on their own now, but every so often, even the husband pops up with this question!
But, when dinnertime rolls around, and I still don’t have the answer to this question, I could use a little meal inspiration. For many moms, meals at home, keeping dinner ideas fresh, easy to prepare and budget-friendly presents some challenges.
Unilever, the consumer package goods company, has spent a great deal of time thinking about how to make everyday life better and help us find ways to create great meals and do more with less. The company’s Web site, www.MakingLifeBetter.com, features delicious recipes, affordable meal ideas and tips that stretch your budget and save you time. From Chicken Francese to Savory Roasted Potatoes, the secret to dinner success in my home is to keep a well-stocked kitchen filled with easy-to-prepare, delicious pantry staples with brands I know and trust.
I’ve bookmarked www.MakingLifeBetter.com, and here are a few of the great ideas I’ve found:
· Wish-Bone Italian Dressing can do double-duty either as a delicious salad dressing or a great-tasting marinade for chicken, pork, beef and fish. For fast indoor cooking when an outdoor grill isn’t available, try a grill pan to create an inside grill – a great solution for those with cold and snowy winter days like we experience in Boston.· And definitely look for Bertolli Oven Bake Meals, such as Stuffed Shells, in your grocery store’s freezer. These restaurant-quality Italian classics can be prepared by simply opening the package, pouring the ingredients in your own oven dish and baking. What a great way to skip the Italian restaurant and enjoy a night in – especially if the kids are gone for the evening.
Unilever Coupon Offer: $20 back on your ham or turkey purchase by mail when you buy $40 in Unilever products during the month of April. The coupon will be in Newspapers this Sunday, April 5th.
makinglifebetter.com, the Website designed to help you feel good, look good and get more out of life. To fulfill that goal, we’ve packed this site with tips, tools and advice, including:
- Thousands of family-friendly recipes: Get dinner on the table fast!
- Beauty tips that will help you look good and feel great
- Fitness and nutritional news
- Expert advice to help your children get a good start on life
- Hundreds of tips to help you breeze through your household chores, from shopping to laundry
As a member of makinglifebetter.com, you’ll be able to
- Save your favorite tips, articles and recipes to “My Favorites” so you can easily find them when you need them.
- Add your comments. Let others know how you’ve handled a topic, add a tip, tell us what you liked about a recipe or let us know what’s on your mind.
- Help make others’ lives better. Share your tried-and-true tips for getting dinner on the table fast, finding time for yourself, looking and feeling your best and more.
Designed especially for busy families, the family organizer is a FREE Web service that helps you manage your family calendar, track your to-do and shopping lists, organize your chores and stay in touch when you’re on the go.
All you need to get started is an account – it’s quick and easy and no downloads are required – and then you can access all the information you enter in the family organizer from any computer with Internet access or from any mobile phone.
With the family organizer you can:
- Keep track of everyone’s appointments – in one place. With each event color-coded by family member, the shared calendar gives you a quick overview of what the whole family is up to, and you can view each person’s individual calendar, too.
- Organize your grocery, shopping, and to-dos lists – and more. You can create as many customized lists as you need and you can get lists on any mobile phone even or call a toll-free number and have them read to you.
- Send quick messages, reminders and updates to family members. Send messages to individual family members or everyone. They’re great for letting everyone know about last minute changes without all the phone calls
- Jot down a moment in your family journal. It’s the quick and easy way for busy parents to capture and share family memories.
- Enjoy all your digital photos with a photo collage screen saver. Now there’s a way to enjoy all those digital photo from family vacations, birthday parties and special events just sitting on your computer. And, this cool and practical download shows you reminders for upcoming events and appointments from your family calendar so you won’t get lost down memory lane.
The family organizer is brought to you through a partnership between makinglifebetter.com and Cozi. When you are using the family organizer, you will be on a site maintained by Cozi. For help with your family organizer, please visit Cozi Help.
· Need a budget-friendly meal? Try Baked Pasta Primavera with Ragu Pasta Sauce, which costs less than $2 a serving. Ragu Pasta Sauce has a full serving of veggies in every half-cup of sauce, so this recipe is a great way to sneak veggies into your kids’ diets.
· I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! has new Cooking & Baking sticks that bake and taste just like butter! Even better is that they have 50% less saturated fat than butter, 0g trans fat per serving, and provide an excellent source of Omega 3. More importantly, this is a simple change that we can make to help our families live a healthier lifestyle.
· Your family can also enjoy a perfectly seasoned Pizza Meatloaf that you can prepare in no time with go-to ingredients like Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix and Ragu Pasta Sauce. With two Lipton recipe mix envelopes in each box, your family can enjoy pizza meat loaf one night, and onion burgers the next!