No teen wants to miss out on all of the fun – from a friend’s Sweet 16 party to a big home football game – because of being sick at home with the flu. That’s why singer/songwriter and former American Idol finalist Brooke White has teamed up with infectious disease specialist and author of Germ Proof Your Kids, Dr. Harley Rotbart, and The Clorox Company to launch I Don’t Want to Miss…, a national contest that puts teens in the spotlight to talk about flu education and prevention.
The heart of the program is a PSA contest in which teens can submit a short 45-60 second video entry to IDontWantToMiss.com, sharing what they most don’t want to miss out on and why that makes flu prevention important. What a fun, creative challenge for our teens and their friends!
For the first time this year, the CDC expanded flu vaccination guidelines to include all children six months through 18 years old. However, a new national survey shows that only 16% of parents with teens are aware of this new recommendation.
The winning contestant will win an acoustic concert from former American Idol finalist Brooke White at his/her school! The second place winner will receive a guitar autographed by Brooke White herself, and three runners-up will win autographed photos.
Entering the I Don’t Want to Miss… PSA Contest is easy! Visit the I Don’t Want to Miss… page on SchoolTube for contest rules and details on how to post your submission. Good luck!
Deadlines, Deadlines! No extensions allowed!
- Wednesday, March 11: I Don’t Want to Miss… PSA Contest deadline! (Must be uploaded to the I Don’t Want to Miss… page on SchoolTube by 11:59 p.m. EST).
- Friday March, 20: Top five finalists announced!
- Week of Monday, April 20: Winners announced!
Don’t Be Shy! Here are some tips to promote your PSA:
- Post your PSA video on Facebook!
- Post your PSA video on MySpace page!
- Post your PSA video on Twitter!
- E-mail your PSA video to family and friends!
Wondering what our judges looking for?
- Connection to I Don’t Want to Miss… theme
- Connection to importance of incorporating healthy habits, so you do not miss out on exciting moments (visit our teens page for information on flu prevention tips)
- Overall creativity of PSA
Here’s how it will go down! Judging Process:
- A panel of judges will review the first round of submissions and narrow down the field of entries to the top five videos. Entries will be judged on the above criteria. Entries will be viewable here (The videos will be open to the public to rate on SchoolTube, but the judges will not consider these ratings in their selection of the top five).
Once chosen, the top five videos will be posted and will be open to the public for voting.
All right you future filmmakers. Want to find out what you’ll win by participating in the PSA Contest? Read on about these great prizes.
First Place: Want to meet singer/songwriter and former American Idol finalist Brooke White in person? The winner of the I Don’t Want to Miss… PSA Contest will receive an acoustic concert by Brooke at his/her school.
Second Place: Singer/Songwriter and former American Idol Finalist Brooke White wants to thank you for all of your hard work and for a great second place video. The second place winner of the I Don’t Want to Miss… PSA Contest wins a guitar autographed by Brooke herself!
Third Place – Fifth Place: Congratulations you are one of the top five! Third – fifth place winners of the I Don’t Want to Miss… PSA Contest win autographed photos of Singer/Songwriter and former American Idol Finalist Brooke White!